Top 10 Essential Oils for Overall Health
The past few weeks of social distancing and isolation have made me appreciate the value of natural healthcare. When our country started going crazy, I wasn’t stressed because I knew then that I had everything thing my family needed to get through this season of quarantine.
I’m not saying that we don’t ever use modern medicine because we do. There is definitely a place and a great need for it!
But, I choose natural remedies whenever possible. Essential oils provide so many natural remedies for my health.
Essential oils have been around for thousands of years and were used for all the things. In my opinion, they are the world’s best kept secret to maintaining good health.
For years, I sat back and laughed and rolled my eyes whenever some of my “crunchie” friends would talk about essential oils. Seriously, I thought they were just weird.
Then one day, one of my friends was talking about diffusing essential oils and whatever she was saying at the time caught my attention. I cannot for the life of me remember what her words were, but the topic was diffusing essential oils and that her home smelled amazing.
Why did this topic catch my attention? Glad you asked.
When my amazing husband and I merged families several years ago, I had to give up all the scented things in my life. I’m talking about candles, air fresheners, body lotions, body sprays, expensive perfumes, anything with a scent. My husband has severe allergies and asthma so those artificial scents would set off some sort of attack. I loved him enough to make this one small sacrifice (which was actually pretty huge).
For years I lived without burning candles and wearing perfumes. Even though I would try to sneak in a scent when my husband was away, he would almost always complain about his lungs whenever he got home.
Until this conversation with my friend a few years ago, I had never even thought about diffusing essential oils. I had zero knowledge of oils so I asked her. She reassured me that the oils would most likely not have any negative effect on Ken’s allergies or asthma.
Desperate, I made a purchase that forever changed my life. Long story made short, diffusing the oils did not have any effect on Ken whatsoever. Not one single complaint came out of his mouth from my diffusing the oils.
Once this happened, I began personally researching the benefits of essential oil uses. Since starting down this journey, I have been able to replace a lot of products that I had purchased over the counter with essential oils. It’s incredible really. And, cost effective to do so! The health benefits are endless.
While the FDA does a great job of prohibiting a lot of what I am allowed to say about how essential oils help the body, I promise you the oils work. You can read some of my personal testimony here and testimonies from others here. Also, I have numerous other blogs filled with information on ways I use essential oils to support my well-being.
That being said, I want to share my favorite essential oils with you. These are the same oils that I started using when I first started using them.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Overall Health:
- Frankincense. They don’t call it the Godfather of Essential Oils for nothing. Also, it’s number one on my list because it is, in fact, my number one oil! Seriously. If Frankincense was good enough for Jesus and then is obviously good enough for us. It’s great for overall skincare, brain support, focus and overall full body health. When in doubt use Frankincense. I cannot stress the skin benefits enough of using Frankincense Essential Oil on your face. You will notice a difference.
- Lavender. Speaking of skincare, lavender essential oil also has some pretty amazing skincare benefits. It goes without saying that lavender essential oil is great for relaxation and sleep support. It is also good to support healthy hair. Soooo many other uses…it’s called the Swiss army knife of oils.
- Peppermint. Peppermint essential oil is great to support the digestive system and relieve achy muscles. Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil makes a great addition to your normal fudge brownies. Yum!
- Lemon. Lemon essential oil is great to support gut health. Lemon essential oil is also great for your skin, but be warned. Citrus oils are photosensative so be careful to wait several hours after application before sun exposure. Otherwise, lemon is great for removing sticky adhesive gunk.
- Thieves. Maybe you heard of Thieves essential oil blend. Thieves is great to diffuse for a “purifying” aroma. Thieves Vitality Essential Oil is great for supporting the immune system, cleansing the digestive system and general wellness support. Who doesn’t need a little bit of this right now?
- Stress Away. The name speaks for itself. Let’s face it. We are all a little stressed right now. Stress Away smells like vacation in a bottle. Diffuse it or wear it or simply inhale it directly from the bottle. Your brain will thank you!
- Digize. Read into the name. Digize Vitality Essential Oil is great for digestive support. When food isn’t settling well, simply place a drop under your tongue for a few seconds, or rub Digize essential oil over your abdomen for almost immediate relief.
- Panaway. Again, read into the name. Panaway will be your muscles best friend after working out. Apply it to your neck, shoulder, legs, back for a cooling sensation. Just one drop will almost immediately provide just what your muscles need. Seriously!
- Raven. Raven essential oil blend is a cool, refreshing combination of Ravintsara, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata, Lemon, and Wintergreen essential oils. The naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol, menthol, and methyl salicylate provide an invigorating and empowering experience, particularly before or after a workout or when winding down for the evening or when seasonal surroundings take over the air. Apply it topically or diffuse it. Add a drop or two to your hot shower and thank me later!
- Valor. I cannot say enough about Valor essential oil blend. It is great diffuse or apply topically when you need to draw in positive energy or focus. This is the oil blend that made be a believer in the power of using aromatherapy to support emotions. It has become my daily go to oil. I apply it to my wrists every morning before leaving the house.
There are soooooo many more amazing oils. I don’t have enough time to write about all of them at this time. So many benefits.
I’m sure many of my readers are skeptics, but I promise you there is something to these magic bottles of plant juice. Give them a try. However, I caution you to know your source.
A bottle of lavender essential oil purchased at a discount store is NOT going to give you the benefit of a bottle of lavender essential oil purchased from a reputable company. Not all bottled oils are created equal. Not all are free from toxins. Know your source.
My passion in life is teaching women how to balance their hormones naturally and otherwise use natural products to support their overall health.
If you would like to learn more about the amazing benefits of essential oils, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live healthy, my friends, and remember that age is just a number.