FIVE WAYS TO RELIEVE STRESS
I have been social distancing for six weeks now and I am going CA-RAAAAAA-ZEEEEEEE!
Who would have thought being forced to stay home would be so stressful? Turns out it is stressful so many of us.
For some, there are young children who don’t understand what is going on and that is just adding to the stress factor.
If you would have asked me six weeks ago if I would love a week at home and not have to leave the house for anything, I would have said YES!!! But, six weeks at home is a bit much.
Adding to my stress is the fact that my hours have been cut from my paralegal position and there is a big chance I will be furloughed. I know many of you can relate.
Life as we currently know it is stressful!
Stress isn’t good for your health, it can throw hormones out of balance, and it can interrupt sleep.
So what can we do about stress relief when we are quarantined to our homes?
Here are my top five ways to relieve stress:
- Walk. Go outside and take a walk around your neighborhood. Breathe in the fresh air and clear your mind. Walking is good for the soul. Even if you can only get in a brief five minute walk, get yourself outside and walk.
- Soak in a hot bath. If you have children, pop in a movie or put them to bed and go take a long, hot bath.
- Meditate. Allow yourself time during the day to meditate. Diffuse some Lavender or Frankincense essential oil and breathe in the aromatherapy. Speak affirmations to yourself. I know, this can sound silly, but don’t judge if you haven’t tried it.
- Do something that YOU enjoy. Find a hobby, read a book, play a game, do a craft project, work a puzzle.
- Drink that glass of wine or poison of choice. You, my friend, have earned it.
I’m also a big advocate on aromatherapy to support sleep and stress. If you would like to learn more, you can join my upcoming Facebook class here.
In the meantime, get off of your electronic device and go relieve some stress.
My passion in life is teaching women how to use natural products to balance their hormones and support their overall health.
If you would like to know more, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live healthy, my friends, and remember that age is just a number.