In case you are reading one of my blogs for the first time, let me give you a very abbreviated background.
I started using essential oils because I simply wanted to diffuse the smells in my home without triggering a severe allergic reaction or allergy attack from my husband. Candles and perfumes were a “no no” in our house. I bought an essential oil starter kit on a whim and started diffusing. My husband’s lungs didn’t have any negative reaction whatsoever!
I started doing more research on essential oils because I really knew nothing about them. It was then that I learned that there were essential oil products that would naturally and safely support my ever changing hormones as I entered menopause.
You can read more about my story here.
You should note that there are not any FDA regulations on essential oils. The closest thing we get to a FDA requirement is that in order to label a bottle of essential oil as “pure” or “therapeutic grade”, the contents of the bottle must contain at least 5% essential oil. That’s it! The FDA also says that I cannot say that an oil and treat or cure any type of disease or illness, which is why some of my statements are vague.
The same is true for bio-idential hormone therapy too (pellets). Statements made by providers of these products are not approved by the FDA either.
That being said, my “TOP 5” favorite natural hormone support oils and supplement are detailed below:
- Progessence Plus (I’ve already done a complete post on this beautiful essential oil blend. Go back and read it here.)
- Progessence Plus is a propriety oil blend and was developed by a doctor who specializes in women’s hormone issues. It is is distilled from a type of Mexican yams. YAMS! While this type of yam isn’t edible, applying it topically on your body can do wonders! Progessence Plus is a natural, SAFE alternative used to boost progesterone.
- Some of the side effects of low progesterone are loss of libido/sex drive, headaches, night sweats, loss of energy, etc.
- Progessence Plus was an immediate game changer for me! Within 2-3 days of using it, my night sweats disappeared, my moodiness went away and my energy level increased.
- I use Progessence Plus twice a day by applying it to my forearms as part of my morning and evening routines. It also smells good so that’s an added bonus.
- Lady Sclareol
- Lady Sclareol is another proprietary blend and is a fantastic hormone balancing oil.
- It contains oils known to decrease negative emotions, boost confidence, and help the wearer to feel more peaceful and grounded. Geranium aids in hormonal balance and Clary Sage balances the body systems when dealing with cramps, PMS and agitation. Ylang Ylang helps to balance male-female sexual energy and encourages feelings of sensuality. Sage Lavender has been shown to support the body’s estradiol levels which equates to being more regular.
- This is a fantastic oil blend for those of us going through menopause. The oils in this blend help support your body temperature so can help you during the times that you feel as though you are literally sitting on top of the sun or when you are sweating like you just ran a marathon, but you have really just been sitting at your desk.
- The oils in this blend also can help manage emotions. For instance, when you randomly want to cry all the time or you get angry for no apparent reason. Maybe your family refers to you as Jeckyll and Hyde. You get the point.
- Lady Sclareol can be worn daily as a perfume because it smells delicious. Not only will you smell amazing, but you will feel more balanced. I use Lady Sclareol twice a day by applying it to the carotid arteries on my neck first thing in the morning and again at bedtime.
- Clary Sage
- Clary Sage is a “ladies” oil that has been used since the beginning a time for hormonal issues. Studies have shown that using it can ease stress, reduce cortisol levels and exhibit antidepressant-like effects. It not only helps support our bodies during menopause, it can be used to help you young whipper snappers that still get their monthly visits from Aunt Flow.
- One of the components in Clary Sage is sclareol (recognize that word—Lady Sclareol blend we’ve already talked about). As recently as 2015, there have been studies to analyze sclareol’s affect on cancer cells. These studies come with a caveat that they occurred within the confines of lab cultures and dose adjustments, but they showed that sclareol may have an impact on the way cancer cells proliferate…the studies showed that sclareol could help induce apoptosis, which is a fancy term for cancer cell death. Again, there is no FDA regulation on oils as it relates to hormone support. I am not allowed to say that these research studies are fact. I am just sharing what I found in my personal research and from my personal use of these products. I find the study of oils to be very fascinating! The more I learn, the more I want to know.
- Clary Sage is natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It can be your friend during “that time of month” to help with any uncomfortableness and regulating all the things going on with your body when your estrogen levels drop. Low estrogen levels are why you are moody when you are on your period.
- As we age, our estrogen levels drop. When I had my hormone levels tested a few years ago, like my progesterone level, my estrogen level was waaaaay in the negative. My body was not producing any estrogen.
- One obvious sign of low estrogen is dryness “down there”. Applying Clary Sage to the inner thighs and above the pubic bone helps to increase natural lubrication.
- Using Clary Sage daily can increase your natural levels of estrogen and can help you “get in the mood”.
- You can apply on your forearms, wrists, vita flex points for the reproductive system, or on the back of the neck.
Before I dive into the final two hormone support products, let’s talk about our Endocrine system—the body system that controls all things hormone!
When your endocrine system is out of whack, so are your hormones! The endocrine system is responsible for telling your body what hormones to produce and when to produce them. It regulates metabolism, growth, development, tissue function, sexual function, reproduction, thyroid function, sleep and mood.
I have never been formally diagnosed with a thyroid issue, but I guarantee you that my thyroid, which controls the endocrine system, was out of whack. My body went through another change in June last year and I started experiencing the dreaded hot flashes. And, Progessence Plus and Clary Sage alone were not cutting it for me.
Turns out, there are a couple of amazing products that help balance the endocrine system, which are my Top 5 numbers 4 and 5:
- Endoflex is yet another proprietary blend of hormone balancing oils that flexes and strengthens your endocrine system.
- It supports the pituitary gland whose main function is to secrete hormones into our bloodstream.*
- It supports the pineal gland whose main function is to produce melatonin, which helps maintain circadian rhythm and regulate reproductive hormones.*
- It helps support the adrenal glands, which produce hormones that help the body control blood sugar, burn protein and fat, react to stressors like a major illness or injury, and regulate blood pressure.*
- I use Endoflex daily by applying it over my thyroid area first thing in the morning and again at bedtime.
- Because Endoflex is a GRAS oil (generally regarded as safe for human consumption) it can be taken internally as a dietary supplement as well.
- Again, I don’t have a thyroid problem so I didn’t ever consider taking this supplement until about six months ago. Thyromin is a proprietary blended supplement that comes in capsule form and contains porcine glandular extracts, herbs, amino acids, minerals, and therapeutic-grade essential oils in a perfectly balanced formula that maximizes nutritional support for healthy thyroid function.
- The thyroid gland regulates body metabolism, energy, and body temperature. Within a day or two of taking this supplement = my hot flashes gone!
- You take one Thyromin capsule each evening at bedtime.
NOTE: I started using Thyromin before I knew Endoflex (#4 above) existed. I recently switched to Endoflex to give it a try because I’m all about trial and error. Endoflex and and Thyromin both appear give me the same benefit since my hormones remain regulated. Some people take both. Do whatever works for you.
Are you ready to start balancing those hormones safely and naturally? You can learn more about purchasing 100% therapeutic, organic oils here. Or, reach out to me directly via email at email@example.com.
Let’s get your hormones regulated!
Live healthy, my friends, and remember age is just a number.